Thread: Free throw
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 22, 2021, 12:44pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Eyes On The Clock ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But I also tend to not be totally unaware of the clock in most situations, because that is discussed in pre-game and someone has some idea of the clock situation. Even in a situation where I have the last-second shot, I have some idea of where that clock is.
Other Forum members may disagree with me, but I would not call that guessing, I would call that definite knowledge.

But with no eyes on the clock (nor any visible, or mental, counts), that would be guessing, and guessing is not allowed by rule.

5-10-1: The referee may correct an obvious mistake by the timer to start or stop the clock properly only when he/she has definite information relative to the time involved. The exact time observed by the official may be placed on the clock.

5-10-2: If the referee determines that the clock malfunctioned or was not started/stopped properly, or if the clock did not run, an official’s count or other official information may be used to make a correction.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 22, 2021 at 06:47pm.