Thread: Free throw
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 22, 2021, 08:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
You deflected, so I’ll simplify. What you suggest is wholly unsupported by NFHS rules, cases, and annual interpretations.
How can you have a foul that clearly took place before the horn sounded and not put time on the clock? How? So if you have a foul that clearly happened before the horn, you must time on the clock logically. They got rid of the lag time provision some time ago. I do not care what the NF says directly about a situation the NF hardly ever addresses like many situations. So you are going to have a foul that clearly you called before the horn and you are going to say, "Nope, time ran out." Because you have to determine if the other action would not have continued during what is basically a dead ball and if you have other actions that have to be applied. That is not deflecting, that is actually what people believe, even if you put .1 on the clock. If you have the foul after time runs out, then you have to decide if that action was legal or not based on if you have a dead ball or not or if the action can be ignored because it was not flagrant or intentional on some level.

Some of yall are so married to a book that does not tell you everything to do in multiple situations and then you want to state what should be done with a situation that might have been addressed 20 years ago and never spoken of before. Where I live, it is largely accepted to put time on the clock if we know we called a foul before the clock ran out.

Peace