View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 16, 2021, 07:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Implication ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Implied from Rule 10 PENALTIES
Great citation crosscountry55. Thanks.

4-19-8-A: A foul is an infraction of the rules which is charged and is penalized. Double fouls: A double personal foul is a situation in which two opponents commit personal fouls against each other at approximately the same time.

Rule 10 Penalties Summary 1-C: No free throws: For double personal or technical fouls (point of interruption).
NOTE: If one or both fouls of a double foul are flagrant, no free throws are awarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
We had a discussion on this forum a few years ago and the consensus was that intentional fouls were also understood to be included in this, though the language could be more clear.
Agree that it could be more clear, but the implication works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
How would we penalize two opponents fouling each other at exactly the same time with only one of the two fouls (same exact time) ruled as an intentional foul: free throws, or no free throws; ball to offended (intentionally fouled) team, or point of interruption?
I believe that we have the answer: Double foul (not a false double). No free throws (not two free throws, even though we have an intentional foul). Point of interruption (not to offended intentionally fouled team, even though we have an intentional foul).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... a double foul, exactly the same time, both are intentional, must ... be a double foul (no free throws, point of interruption), otherwise in what order would one shoot free throws? Maybe this is the rationale to use to decide that even if only one of the two fouls is intentional, it's still a double foul (no free throws, point of interruption).
I was headed down the right path, got it into the red zone, but couldn't come up with the coup de grâce across the finish line.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Feb 16, 2021 at 01:37pm.