View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 12, 2021, 03:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ball Or Thrower ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Which rule do we use? Ay, there’s the rub!
Here's a key statement:

9.2.10 SITUATION A: ... an interfering with the ball following a goal if in any way interferes with the thrower’s efforts to make a throw-in, a technical foul for delay shall be called even though no previous warning had been issued.

There's a slight wording difference between interfering with the ball following a goal and interfering with the thrower’s efforts to make a throw-in.

If a defender is interfering with the thrower’s efforts to make a throw-in, is that a violation of interfering with the ball following a goal, preventing the ball from being made promptly live or from being put in play, or is it unsporting?

I say no (because of the word ball in the rule), yes, and yes.

Narrows it down to two choices. Both can be (and probably should be) player technical fouls. Same penalties. Either should suffice to deal with this situation.

I prefer delaying the game by preventing the ball from being made promptly live or from being put in play because, like the caseplay, it has the word "delay" in it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Feb 12, 2021 at 03:42pm.