View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2021, 04:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Importance Of NFHS Rulebook And Casebook To Be Current And Updated ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do wish is the NF would address these issues with something more than some old interpretations and putting something in a publication every now and then from NASO. Not sure why the NF cannot make this clearer?
Agree with 99% of your post. Not all officials belong to NASQ, so that shouldn't count.

What publication does every single high school official in the country get? A NFHS rulebbok and a NFHS casebook. Everything that rookie officials and experienced officials need to know should be in the current rulebook and current casebook (written on dead trees, or online). If points of emphasis are important, put them in the current rulebook and current casebook. If an interpretation is deleted from the casebook, the NFHS should give a reason (no longer valid due to a rule change, no longer valid due to a change in interpretation philosophy, or still valid but determined to be not needed (to save space) by the rules committee because the rule alone is sufficient for a proper interpretation).

Sure good trainers should be aware of old and odd interpretations from way back when, and teach such (assuming these are slill valid), but even trainers eventually "age out" and won't be aware of these ancient, but still valid points of emphasis and interpretations that aren't in current rulebooks and casebooks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 20, 2021 at 04:54pm.