View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let The Party Begin ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

4-38: The resumption-of-play procedure is used to prevent delay in putting the ball in play when a throw-in team does not make a thrower available ... The procedure results in a violation instead of a technical foul for initial delay in specific situations.

7-5-1: When a team does not make a thrower available ... the resumption-of-play procedure is used to prevent delay. The administering official will sound the whistle to indicate play will resume. In each situation:
a. The ball must be put in play if Team A is ready or it must be placed on the floor.
b. The throw-in count must begin and if a violation occurs, the procedure will be repeated for Team B.
c. Following a violation by one team only, if that team continues to delay when authorized to make a throw-in, it is a technical foul.
d. Following a violation by both teams, any further delay by either team is a technical foul.
What if the throwin team is ready to go but the opposing (defending) team isn't ready?

I believe that, after loudly sounding our whistle, we give the ball to the thrower, and let the party begin.

I think that 7-5-1 could be worded better, not only regarding the use of the throwin resumption-of-play procedure at all times (not just after a timeout or intermission), but also regarding the throwin team being ready to go but the opposing team not be ready.

It states: When a throw-in team does not make a thrower available ... It doesn't say what to do if the defending team doesn't make defenders available.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jan 11, 2021 at 04:11pm.