Thread: Options
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 08, 2021, 11:05am
Esteemed Forum Member

Somebody's Gotta Do It ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
... he might find himself next season with a full schedule of 8th grade games!
Hey. I like my middle school schedule. It's all I can do (voluntarily by my choice) with arthritis and a torn meniscus (thank God that they only shoot horses in my condition). It's better than sitting at home watching Oprah, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy, People's Court, The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless on the "boob tube" in the late afternoon.

All games are in my town or in towns bordering mine. No game to observe before or after my game. Show up in uniform. Get to work with young guys and gals on their way up the ladder (I know many of them because I'm on my board's mechanics training committee). Most middle school coaches appreciate (only one technical foul last season, only one the season before) having a veteran varsity official work their game after the usual parade of rookies, many of whom seldom last two or three years. I'm home in time for dinner. All of this and $64.93 in my pocket.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jan 08, 2021 at 12:13pm.