View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 19, 2020, 04:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxone View Post
Absent the facemask, I am not saying there was anything wrong, per say, it does "look" like the tackle was done with the head, but wanted input from others.
When did tackling by the head become illegal? I am not saying the tackle is safe, but again what rule was violated? The only rule I can imagine is unnecessary roughness, but that suggests the runner is vulnerable and defenseless and that he was not. Again, the runner kind of spun in a way that allowed himself to get slammed. I could even make a case the runner helped cause the ability to be slammed. I would need more direction to just call a foul. We need to as officials stop trying to penalize every hard hit. This was not targeting. He did not hit him in the head. The runner was trying to get away and the defender did not have him under control and then slam him. The kid's safety is certainly a priority, but there must be a rule violated. A hard tackle or hard hit is not in itself a rules violation. That is why I am a little perplexed by what we are you want us to penalize?

Peace