View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2003, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Game

Mb,
I agree with parts of what everyone said, that is whay I came to a seems to be a predominently umpire frequented website. You see the game from a different perspective. For the record, I have the ultimate respect for anyone that participates in the greatest game on earth. I have been around the game for 25 five years. Most of those were playing. I have a lot to learn as a manager. I think no one ever stops learning. Manager, Player, and Umpires. When there is a situation, I ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS come over and the the ump know that I appreciate the job he is doing and let him know that my reaction to a call, had nothing to do with him personally. IT IS A GAME. I think that you should go out win on every play "period." Sometimes things are said during the game that no one would ever say off the field to one another. Sometimes I purposley will make an extra effort to let blue know that me and everyone on Earth saw the play different, hoping that maybe he will acknowledge that he makes mistakes too. And maybe next time I will get one too. It seems like sometimes umpires might take things, and carry over to the next game. That's just plain ridiculous. I am not asking anyone to be "buddy buddy". What happens on the field should stay on the field. That is why we shake hands, and tell the other team good game, you did a great job. Because it is a game.