View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:47am
Esteemed Forum Member

Consistent Throwin Spots ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I don't have time to scour the book but if you want to read more about the lines of demarcation and the throw-in spots you can look in Rule 7.
Thanks SC Official.

2017-18 NCAA Rule Changes: Fans will notice that throw-in spots will occur from more consistent spots in the frontcourt when the offensive team retains possession after a nonshooting foul or other stoppages in the game.

The location of all throw-ins in the frontcourt will be determined by an imaginary line drawn from the corner of the court to the intersection of the lane line and the free-throw line. If the stoppage of play is inside this area, the throw-in will occur on the end line 3 feet outside the lane line.

If the stoppage occurs outside this area, the throw-in will be at the nearer sideline at the 28-foot mark. Deflections will continue to be put back in play at the nearest out-of-bounds spot. Throw-ins in the back court will continue to be at the nearest spot.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)