View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 31, 2020, 03:14pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Propaganda? That a group of people have been mistreated as second class citizens for 400 years?

It seems that white males have gotten more than their fair share of liberty and justice for "all" for quite a long time.

Time for that to change.

That is, time for that to peacefully change.

My great grandfather was discriminated against as a nineteenth century Irish immigrant (Irish Need Not Apply). He and his descendants lost their accents and now are treated well because they didn't have to change the color of their skin to fit into this American melting pot. Black Americans didn't have this luxury, whether they were kidnapped and brought here as slaves, or are descendants of slaves, or immigrated here in more modern times. The deck has been stacked against them for a long time, it's improved over the years (Civil War, Civil Rights), but this country still has a long way to go. White privilege is a stubborn old coot and it's not easily going to go away.

Moderators can certainly delete this post, I didn't post it to start a political debate, it comes directly from my mind, my heart, my soul, and my want to make this great country even greater for everybody.

Nope, I'm not touching it. Can't speak for the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro