View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 27, 2020, 03:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am not saying they do not need to discuss social justice issues. I think that the kneeling or not kneeling or protest vs. no protest is overplayed. We might not have games to play this year at all for many of us. I am not having a pre-game conference about this issue because as a Black person, I know I am on an island with many of my partners. I am not personally going to be used to stand out by myself in a thing that is not my actual job or that is an extra activity. I can voice those things, but it will not be on the court or field unless I have some support. Just my personal choice at this time. The NBA officials had the backing of the league from multiple levels. I could see the IHSA for example having a position, but then you get another fight with a school district or a conference. I do not feel like having this fight in this arena because I feel there are other areas to take action to get the social justice I would like to see as I have done for years already. I was raised in this, not just focusing on something that took place in the last few months or even decades.

Peace