View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 27, 2020, 02:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Agenda Item ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think we will have so many other issues at play this fall or winter that this will be the main issue. Yes there might be an officiating crew or two across the country that will do something. Maybe more, but I think a lot of officials will think that is not their role and either way ... I think we are kind of overblow this being a challenge.
The National Association of Sports Officials thought it was important enough to add to the agenda for their 2020 Virtual Summit, there must be, at least, a little something to this.

Social justice issues are "big" on the professional level of sports (look at what happened yesterday), and although it will probably get diluted, a little will probably filter down through the college, and maybe even to the high school level, possibly involving officials.

Officials starting getting "political" back in the early 2000's by adding flags to uniforms, who's to say they won't get political again?

I haven't seen widespread social justice protests like these going on now since the 1960's Civil Rights movement.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Aug 27, 2020 at 03:10pm.