View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 27, 2020, 12:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Oh Say Can You See ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
We must note that what is going on in the NBA is totally different than what most of us face. They all work for the same group and they also all are in a league that is totally for social justice attention ... So the NBA officials have a lot of different cover ... I think it is harder to do as an "independent contractor" when it might not be approved in one place and just fine in another place ...
I only work for one assigner, who works very closely with the executive committee of my local board. I hope that we get some preseason advice regarding officials in crews who want to stand, kneel, or stay in the locker room, and to remind us that's it's none of our business (as game officials) if teams (or individual players) stand, kneel, or stay in the locker room (there have been a few problems in a few states where officials indicated that they would walk out if the flag was disrespected).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)