View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 21, 2020, 12:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Patriotic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
... if you're in the retirement window or a cancer patient or suffer immune system deficiencies you need to be careful and I'm going to avoid you as much as possible ...
We don't wear badges that identify us as such. How would you possibly know to avoid us?

If you're a "patriotic" person (President Trump's words), or a caring person, you would totally avoid non-immediate family, avoiding grocery shopping, pharmacy, doctor's office, place of employment, mass transient, elevators, etc., or wear a mask when doing such.

Retirees, cancer patients, and immune system patients, may not have the luxury of sheltering in place, they may have to go to work to earn a living, or take mass transit, or go to the doctor, or shop for food, or pick up a prescription. They may not own a car. They may not have family and friends to help them do such.

And if a healthy person catches the virus from one (who may be presymptomatic or asymptomatic) they (who may also be presymptomatic or asymptomatic) may take it back to family who may be retirees, cancer patients, or immune system patients.

And sometimes otherwise healthy non-elderly people get the virus and get really sick, maybe get put on a ventilator, and maybe die, or maybe have possibly long-lived health problems.

My daughter is a physician, my other daughter is a nurse (who does COVID testing on weekends). They tell me to socially distance, wear a mask, wash my hands, and have discouraged me from going back to the gym, or to church. Combined they have five health related college degrees (including an M.S. in public health, and, of course, an M.D.). I'm also pretty scientifically literate (two college degrees in science) myself. What they tell me is pretty much in line with what the medical and research professionals (NIH, CDC, WHO) now tell us.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Aug 21, 2020 at 04:20pm.