View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2020, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I have a big problem with it. Campers are the one who are performing the work that allows that tournament to happen. Supervisors and camp organizers are making a huge profit off camps, not a little profit. Campers are not getting $400-600 worth of instruction. Many campers get ignored when it comes to feedback and in reality are only there so that that supervisors can hold on to that tournament.

I've also seen camp coordinators who don't divulge that they are no longer supervisors and hold camps without clearly informing campers that they are no longer in charge of a conference.

Maybe it's a regional thing. I know Rick Boyages is a good person and as a college coach at William & Mary he treated officials who worked his scrimmages better than any other coach I've done such work for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yep.

I laugh while listening to the preachy arguments in defense of the camp system. It's as though because I don't think I should have to sell my soul to referee college basketball, I clearly "don't care about getting better" and would be better off just quitting altogether.