View Single Post
Old Thu May 21, 2020, 07:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
Submit a resume to a member of the rating/evaluation consortium staff. They conduct a background check of your resume from your listed college assignors and stated post-season assignments; there have been applicants who were denied because they "exaggerated" their resume. If it all passed, they made a list of the camp invitees for approval from BD.
Ok, but how does that tell me how you communicate with a coach? How does that tell me that you understand basic mechanics and movements? How many of these invite sessions are run? Do the conferences invest in those to staff those events? Or does the conference hire the assignor to choose who would make the staff?

Sometimes the official might have a "resume'" but cannot referee. That is the rub. Because I love that people complain about the camp system and say how it is an "ole boy system." But are we going to be OK if only certain people get invited and no way to determine who can work other than a pure recommendation? Because even if I apply, then it will be based on who gave the recommendation, not that one was given.

We do also realize that major conferences do not often invest money into their officiating program for hiring? Now I know the B1G says they invest around 12 million a year on officiating fees and training programs a year and part of that is camps. Not sure what they make if anything off of those camps or put the money back into their program. That I do not remember, I cannot speak for what the other BCS Conferences do. I just have a little knowledge of what B1G does because I am under their program.

Peace