View Single Post
Old Thu May 21, 2020, 01:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
"Out West, there is an assignor that runs no camps, because he was told not to."

I'm not being sarcastic; I'm really just curious: is there an interesting or relevant story behind this?
To my understanding the conference did not want them to hold camps. But the problem is that you have to be invited to some events to even be considered. So while everyone seems to not like the camp system, that really limits who is considered.

At least a camp you can apply on some level for the job. That is why I asked what is the better solution? It is like bitching about sportsmanship and we have no solution to how to solve the issue. Because if you desire to be considered, how do you get considered without camps? And does that apply to lower-level leagues the same way? How does a guy in Ohio that has a league spread out over 5 states know that a person on th border of one of the states and is closer to the school a school he assigns than most of the staff, how does he know that person exists? Not everyone is going to sit and watch your high school game film. And how are they going to get access to the film in the first place without a national registry of games available somewhere online?

I am not in love with the overall camp season either, but trying to figure out what is the solution?

Peace