View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 14, 2020, 04:03am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
It will be interesting to see:
  • Whether the MHSAA resumes the winter post-season or opts to scrap them and not have any champions for most of the winter sports.
  • Whether we have spring sports and whether the spring season might be extended into mid to late June or played with the same post-season dates.
  • How assignors handle the present uncertainty, especially with spring sports. Their job is difficult and thankless as it is. I recently got my first softball game assignment for next month, but who knows whether the game will go on as scheduled.
Would it be considered too overly optimistic for me to continue to maintain my in-season conditioning regiment in hopes of having my recently cancelled post-season assignments reassigned at a later date?

With athletes getting involved with spring sports and halting their in-season conditioning and growing rusty in their individual and group game-mindedness, will any future teams put on the court actually be a good representation of what those teams were prior to the schedule suspension?

As it is, each team, though dreams unfulfilled, can brag that "This was the year we would have made it to the Breslin." If they are called back into the gym for a brief week or two of practice to resume the tournament in May or June or during the summer, would it resemble more a summer camp or clinic than the sharpness of the typical post-season?

Maybe better just to let them all be champions and aim for next season, perhaps. And for officials to prepare for an enriching and enabling off-season.