View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 04, 2020, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Extended arms by post players has been emphasized in NCAA men's for a couple years now. The offensive player was not legal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
NCAA Men's Major Officiating Concerns

"Post Play This area of the game continues to be a problem due to illegal actions by both the offense and defense. Dislodging by both the offense and defense must not be permitted. In addition, the warding off by the offensive player with a straight arm when he is attempting to post up is a foul when contact occurs. “Swim” moves by either the offense or defense are also fouls. The key to cleaning up post play is to call the first foul, keeping in mind that the defense is permitted to place a forearm on the back of a post player in the post area as long as equal pressure is being applied to the opponent. "

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I know this.

But in all of the videos I've seen regarding this POE, none of the plays look like this. Not sure I'd call this warding off since there is no defender there when he puts his arm out. I don't think he's attempting to restrict anyone's movement. Looks more like he's using his hand to feel WHERE the defender is, not to prevent him from doing anything. If this same contact catches the defender in the shoulder, it's nothing.