View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 28, 2020, 12:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Illegal Dribble ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Should be very educational.
Wow? 215 views in almost three days and only RefBob, JRutledge, and BillyMac want to comment on this situation?

A1 loses control of the ball as a result his own ineptitude (ball deflects off his shoe) which results in an interrupted dribble. Ball legally touches teammate A2's leg. A1 picks up (catches) the loose ball after it touches A2? Can A1 legally start a new dribble?

A1 loses control of the ball as a result his own ineptitude (ball deflects off his shoe) which results in an interrupted dribble. Ball legally touches opponent B2's leg. A1 picks up (catches) the loose ball after it touches B2? Can A1 legally start a new dribble?

I'm not 100% sure if RefBob is correct, and I'm not 100% sure if JRutledge is correct (although I'm leaning toward RefBob's interpretation.).

It would be nice if some other (and maybe a followup by JRutledge) Forum members stepped up with an opinion.

I've already given a citation to work from:

9-5: A player shall not dribble a second time after his/her first dribble has
ended, unless it is after he/she has lost control because of:
ART. 1 A try for field goal.
ART. 2 A touch by an opponent.
ART. 3 A pass or fumble which has then touched, or been touched by,
another player.

What are you all waiting for, the March Hare?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 01, 2020 at 01:49pm.