View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 19, 2020, 12:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Fought The Law And The Law Won (Bobby Fuller Four, 1966) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Where on this planet does the coach deserve to be called a "Stupid middle school coach?"
I probably should have called him an ignorant middle school coach, ignorant of the rules.

But he was probably a little stupid also, stupid in that in a tied game with two minutes to go, he chose to die on this hill.

He got two free shots at me, one when I was in the reporting area, and one before I crossed back over to calmly discuss it with him.

Did he really think he was going to change my mind by yelling at me from across the gym?

He wanted his opponents to shoot two free throws by the fouled player with rebounders.

If he hadn't yelled at me from across the gym, his opponents would have gotten two free throws by the fouled player and the ball back on their endline.

Instead his opponents got four free throws, two by their best free throw shooter, and then his opponents got the ball back at the division line (and his school district athletic director got an unsporting game report the next day).

Testing his rules knowledge a third time (after I calmly discussed it with him) against a forty year veteran official on a very basic call (excessive contact equals two free throws and the ball), with the game on the line, tied with two minutes to go?

And doing it by yelling across the gym?

He fought the law and the law won.

And yet, he expected a different outcome.

A miscalculation?

Sharpest tool in the shed?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 22, 2020 at 04:09pm.