View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 19, 2020, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Blue 1 attempts a layup (in the act) with two minutes left in a tie game. White 1 (with a linebacker build) slams into Blue 1 while attempting to prevent the shot. Ball doesn't go in, Blue 1 crashes to the floor and rolls over.

I'm the lead and immediately come up with the intentional foul signal (crossed arms) and add our local excessive contact signal (arms and fists down to side) and verbalize such. I report the foul to the table with the same signals and verbiage, and back away to the trail opposite table to help administer.

White coach yells that it isn't an intentional foul. I walk across the court to calmly explain to him that since there was excessive contact, by rule, it was an intentional foul. He continues to complain that it wasn't an intentional foul. I ask him, "Was there excessive contact?", he replies that there was. I tell him that excessive contact, by rule, is an intentional foul. He says, "That's wrong". I tell him, "That's enough coach", and back away to my position to help administer.

Before first free throw is attempted he yells across the court "That's still wrong". Technical foul (no written warning).

Almost made it through the entire season without charging a technical foul to a coach (not even a written warning), or a player.

Stupid middle school coach. He wasn't arguing about the excessiveness of the contact (he actually agreed with me that it was excessive), he was arguing a rule interpretation, and one doesn't do that with BillyMac by yelling across a crowded gym, especially after I took the time to calmly explain it to him.

Stupid middle school coach.
Wow!!
I read your post and thought "what a clown." You - not the coach.
THEN I read your signature - John 3:16.
Wow - what a clown....

OK, the coach didn't know the rule.
OK, your a hero and gave a T.
Where in this scenario does the coach show to be "stupid?
Where on this planet does the coach deserve to be called a "Stupid middle school coach?"

In my never to be too humble opinion, very poor judgement to have posted this....