View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 16, 2020, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
If he stays with that and the same thing happens elsewhere, we'd be saying he stayed with the shooter too long.
No, we'd be blaming his partner(s) for missing something in their area, just as his partners probably did to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
And how does that trail know that there are no other matchups needing attention without, for a moment, looking away, if only for a moment, a moment long enough for something entirely unexpected to happen.
By looking before the event takes place. Anticipating basketball action is extremely easy. We can all see things coming miles before they occur. This foresight is even more applicable to situations that involve the ball, like the OP. This T neither looked at the shot long enough nor anything else in his area. He chose, apparently, the flight of the ball. Anyone would be unaware of anything needing attention by following the ball. Lastly...something unexpected? Always expect the unexpected.

Now, given all that, I will be the 7th to admit that I have missed things. No debate there and I certainly am not perfect. For anyone reading, I just suggest, stay with the shooter/situation by closing in, not away.