View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 16, 2020, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
How long? The trail also has rebounding duties and the ball was being rebounded by then. Which place is more likely to need coverage? I'd say rebounding. Once the shot has hit the rim, I'm turning my attention to that.
For as long as it is necessary. Trail may have rebounding duties but I would say that, as a general statement, they fall within the Trails PCA. IOW, if the ball rebounds on C's side, and there are only 2 players there, I, as Trail, am not even thinking about watching those two players. That area is likely to need more coverage and the C can get that. T can turn their attention to rebounding if it is applicable to their area. I think Raymond's points were valid. In the video after the shot, there were 4 players that I would consider to be next to each other. Two opponents were near the hoop and then the shooter/defender. There was plenty of space between all other players, especially in the Trails PCA. That space negates attention. Soooo... T should have been right there in closed down position and staying there with those two players until transition begins. Then, the new T takes over watching those players. Again, bottom line is that T began waaay too far away from the play and lost sight of the two primary players in his area.