View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 15, 2020, 11:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
That's unfortunate. Here in my little corner of Connecticut, while middle school unsporting activity reports may not reach the state level, things do move a little up the chain.

All middle school unsporting technical fouls (and anything unsporting, i.e., fans) are reported to our assignment commissioner. He then reports the unsporting activity to the athletic director (of the high school, or school district). Public middle school coaches are usually supervised by the athletic director of the high school, or the athletic director of the entire school district.

Not the accountability of high schools, but there is some accountability. Supervising athletic directors do not want unsporting activity in their middle school athletic events, and all public school coaches here in Connecticut are on one year contracts.
You are missing the point. This is not about reporting something to the AD or assignment chairperson. This is about having an overseeing organization like any state organization that if something happens, there is a formal reporting mechanism that could result in punishment or control eligibility. Many middle school games have no such larger organization. Actually Illinois to my understanding has the largest middle school organization called the Illinois Elementary Athletic Association. And the IESA is not a statewide organization. It is only part of the state (a large part). For example where I live there are not many IESA schools that participate in any such statewide tournaments. So if a coach or player is ejected or there is a fan that does something inappropriate, you cannot go to an organization other than maybe the administration or conference and they may or may not take action. If that happens with an IESA sporting event, they can suspend or penalize the school according to their by-laws. That is not the case if I work some local league, which has cause some real problems and why some officials do not work those games, there is a lack of accountability other than what the school decides they are going to do.

Peace