View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 14, 2020, 10:42am
Esteemed Forum Member

Not The Wild Wild West ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There is no such thing at any middle school game I would work ... about accountability. If I work a middle school game there is almost never a larger organization or standard of behavior.
That's unfortunate. Here in my little corner of Connecticut, while middle school unsporting activity reports may not reach the state level, things do move a little up the chain.

All middle school unsporting technical fouls (and anything unsporting, i.e., fans) are reported to our assignment commissioner. He then reports the unsporting activity to the athletic director (of the high school, or school district). Public middle school coaches are usually supervised by the athletic director of the high school, or the athletic director of the entire school district.

Not the accountability of high schools, but there is some accountability. Supervising athletic directors do not want unsporting activity in their middle school athletic events, and all public school coaches here in Connecticut are on one year contracts.

At least it's not the Wild Wild West.

R.I.P. Robert Conrad.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Feb 14, 2020 at 12:58pm.