View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 25, 2020, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
From your description it is unclear if the C had a whistle. For the C to have an opinion on the play he needs to have a whistle. If he didn't blow there nothing he should be doing nothing other than assuming his new position for the throw-in.

I'm going to pull up the game on Synergy when it is available. If there was a screen developing near the division line, the Center needs to stop and officiate the match-up. He would be the primary on a double whistle, but with no whistle we don't go to our partners giving our opinions on what should be called.

Fair enough. He didn’t have a whistle. He probably wishes he had in retrospect, but he didn’t. T’s whistle was almost immediate, probably because of both his surprise and the force of the collision. So C didn’t get much of a chance to process the play. But I’ll bet he knew the call was wrong a split second later. Half the offense and the whole bench sure did. [emoji6]

You know in football information causes flags to get picked up once in a while. I sometimes wish that mentality were more prevalent in basketball (out of bounds calls notwithstanding).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk