View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 24, 2020, 09:23am
Esteemed Forum Member

Team Control Fouls ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
At one time, there was a reason to have different signals. Now, they are treated exactly the same so there is no good reason to have two signals.
I'm not sure that I follow? I can't speak in regard to NFHS, but IAABO only added the team control foul signal when the NFHS decided not to shoot fouls committed by a team in control. I don't believe that there was a team control foul signal before then (not needed in the rules penalties, i.e., illegal screen, give the blocking foul signal and shoot the free throws if in the bonus). I believe the only change since then has been to add team control to throwins (only for foul purposes).

What was the reason for two different signals, and how were these two fouls treated differently back then (after the rule change (don't shoot)) as opposed to now?

Before the rule change (don't shoot) I don't believe that there was a team control foul signal (not needed in the rules penalties).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jan 24, 2020 at 09:58am.