View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2020, 02:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player989random View Post
Hell if he's generous it'll be the rest of the season. If I was the coach, I'd be demanding their heads on pikes and to burn down their homes.
Please stop with the hyperbole. I would certainly expect some suspension for the misapplication of a rule, but not more than that. It is not like officials at this level make games with a comma on them. These might be otherwise very good officials that made a mistake that is easy in this situation to point out. But losing the rest of the season (if they have many more games anyway) is a bit much. Perspective my man, perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player989random View Post
Yup, and I'm an official that works the same level as these guys. If I screwed up that badly, nothing good should come of it. I'd expect to be dismissed from the staff or lose quite a few games.

A HS coach around here lost on a shot with .3 seconds left, and he lost his mind. I'd do the same and likely go further.
I also work at this level. I would hope that if this happened to me my background would be a consideration and the other good things I have done for this assignor. And in my case, working this level is also for a person that assigns more than this level of NCAA ball. And you better be careful if you think a coach is going to go nuts on many of us even if he does not like the call.

Peace