Thread: Have a look...
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 20, 2019, 05:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Good Genes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
... championship game from the 2019 NBA G League Winter Showcase ... My eldest son will be a member of the crew working this game.
He obviously takes after his Mom.

Hey? How about a little help with my recent post from Son #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Can someone in the know please comment on this situation in the NBA. I'm not a big NBA fan, but occasionally see "mismatched" jerseys and undershirts in NBA games on television. As a high school official, this always looks odd to me but knowing how strict the NBA is in regard to uniforms and equipment, I assume that this is legal in the NBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
From the rule book:
H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS
(1) Each player when introduced, prior to the game, must be uniformly dressed.
(2) Players, coaches and trainers must stand and line up in a dignified posture along the foul lines during the playing of the American and/or Canadian national anthems.
(3) Coaches and assistant coaches must wear business attire, which shall include a sport coat or suit coat in the case of male coaches.
(4) While playing, players must keep their uniform shirts tucked into their pants, and no T-shirts are allowed.
(5) The only article bearing a commercial ‘logo’ which can be worn by players is their shoes.
Quote:
Maybe these aren't undershirts? What I see are sleeves that are not quite as long a regular undershirts, and these are always skin tight. Maybe these are some type of compression shirt worn for medial reasons?
Quote:
The rule does say "T-shirts" not "undershirts". But the rule also states "while playing" ...

There have got to be a few NBA rule experts on the Forum, what's the real story?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 20, 2019 at 06:05pm.