View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
"'When does it become a jump ball? If there is one foul in there, there are 5. Just call the tie up.'"

I'll rephrase Camron Rust's comment: In fact, what he said probably was correct.

Especially if I anticipate a physical game, I may say to my partner in our pre-game, "Let's get in there quickly when we have a scrum, so no one gets hurt. And we can call the held ball, instead of a foul."
Great point.

I find thisa difference between when I do boys games and girls games. Pregame for boys games and any sort of contact stuff tends to have people saying things like the above or "don't let it get chippy but don't go looking for stuff to call" . Vs. girls games I'll have partners or crews where its more "i don't want 200 jump balls tonight lets get a couple fouls early and set a tone see if we can keep hands out of there" or "we've really got to protect the ball handler lets be tight on the hand contact early".

Not saying its right or wrong just a pattern I've noticed with people I work with in terms of similar issues with guys and girls games.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!