View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 11, 2019, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
Yes, but a T is just one tool in your toolbox. There are a number of options for how to address this; Nevadaref gave you another approach. In the last minute, coach's team losing by 20-25, his remark is his first real step over the line that night ("fairly quiet")? I'd probably either ignore him or say something along Nevadaref's line.

I'm not afraid to issue Ts when warranted, but I try to consider the circumstances.

Agree. If I’m the assigner watching the game, I don’t care either way. The T would absolutely be warranted, but on the other hand the coach probably wanted it for the attention factor at that point because he had nothing to lose. So if you don’t whack him there, you sort of “win” in a way.

Some call this “camp speak” but I’ve always thought it a good framework: “Does it fit, is it effective, and can it be defended?”

A “T” in the OP scenario could certainly be defended, but it’s of dubious effect and fit when the coach down by 20 in the last minute is just sounding off. So me, I might not dignify him with the call. But, meh, really kinda depends on the mood I’m in and/or what I know about the partners I’m working with. Either way not the kind of decision I’d lose any sleep over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk