View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 01, 2019, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Situation from subvarsity game

I heard this from a friend of mine. Was this correct? The friend is the coach of team A an insists the enforcement was not correct.

Team A ball at Team B's 18 yard line. 3rd down and 10.

Team A QB drops back to pass, A50 holds behind the line. A throws a pass an B25 commits defensive pass interference. B 90 also commits roughing the passer. The pass falls incomplete. After the play, A 67 punches B 90. As A67 is being lead away, B90 then taunts A67. Team B coach then gets flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for charging onto the field to argue with the officials about B90's taunting penalty.

How are the penalties supposed to be enforced?

The officials moved the ball to the 9 and ruled it a replay 3rd down team A?

My understanding is that all the live ball fouls offset, then we penalize each dead ball foul as they did not occur at the same time. A67's punch came first, ball back to the 23, B90's taunting would be half the distance, then the unsportsmanlike on B's coach, another half the distance from the sport after B90's penalty.

I would have the ball first and goal at the Team B 5 and 3/4 yard line.

This resulted in the ejection of Team B's coach from the game as it was his second unsportsmanlike of the game, and B90 was ejected after the next play for taunting a Team A player again.

Apparently the game was ended a few minutes later.