Thread: Throw-in NFHS
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 12:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Never, Ever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... I have never once seen what you suggest is "absurd." For one the defense is not sitting and waiting for anyone to just stay in the backcourt.
Absolutely agree. Absurd is a good description. Never observed it. Never will.

But sometimes rules and definitions take on a new light when examined under ultra extreme circumstances that will only happen never in an officiating lifetime.

I'm sure that most of us have observed teams legally taking more than ten seconds to get the ball across the division line after the first inbounds touch after the throwin pass, legal because the thowin pass was fumbled around, maybe rolling around on the floor, before eventually being picked up, caught, or dribbled.

I've seen interesting situations in prep school games because here in Connecticut prep schools use hybrid NFHS/NCAA rules. NFHS rule for ten second count (starts at holding or dribbling), NCAA rule for shot clock (starts on first touch inbounds). Fans scream for ten second violations just because the shot clock has ticked off ten seconds. Stupid hybrid rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It has nothing to do with the throw-in control.
Simple. Terse. Correct.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 25, 2019 at 06:12pm.