Thread: Throw-in NFHS
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 11:15am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Indeed, why not rewrite the NFHS rule for team control (and, by extension, the backcourt 10-second count) to match the college rule? If there is team control for 1 purpose (fouls) why not have team control for other purposes as well.
Because we do not have a shot clock (which is why the rule changed) and not everything that college creates is gold. I have no issues with the current NF rule about any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwodar View Post
I am in complete agreement here... the fact that a situation exists based on the rules where a team can sit in the back court unguarded for significantly longer than 10 seconds is absurd.
I have been officiating, watching and played for over 30 years of my life and forgive me as I have never once seen what you suggest is "absurd." For one the defense is not sitting and waiting for anyone to just stay in the backcourt. When you see that happen, let me know. And once you have control of the ball, you have a count, which also is going to happen because they are not giving the ball away to the defense easily.

You really are making this way too complicated. It really is not that hard to understand. The count for 10 seconds only starts once the team in control has actual possession of the ball in the backcourt. It has nothing to do with the throw-in control.

Peace