View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
More than likely one of the 2 guys had an opportunity after the ball went in to glance over to table side. Someone probably should have realized a TO might be coming and glanced over. Not much else going on normaly at this time. [/B]
Not much else going on? From mick's post- "Ball goes in.Helter skelter under the basket and Red is pressing hard". From that description,everything is bang-bang immediately after the FT goes through.In a 2man,if I'm the trail,I'm still in the (new) backcourt trying to help my partner out. No way in the world that I'm now gonna turn my back on the play to verify a timeout request.Granted,I might,and probably shoulda,taken a look at the coach before the FT went up,but after it's gone and this mayhem starts,I ain't looking at him until the play calms down. JMHO. [/B][/QUOTE]

Coulda taken a look before and as the ball is going up.
Coulda taken a look as the ball is going thru the net.
Coulda taken a look as the D sets up for their press.

Only takes a second to turn your head (not your back) as you're stepping down to referee the action.

We agree that once the mahem starts for real the coach is sh!t out of luck, but if the guys on the foor were prepared for a TO they could have caught it.