View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 10, 2019, 09:10am
Esteemed Forum Member

Close, But No Cigar ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Billy, didn't we have a long discussion about this play or something similar?
Great memory Raymond.

When I first started reading the interpretation, I said to myself, "Finally, a citation for that weird situation that we discussed many months ago on the Forum".

But after checking my notes, I determined that this was not the same situation we discussed.

SITUATION 9: A1, while dribbling the ball in the frontcourt near the midcourt line, has the ball strike the midcourt line and as the ball comes up from the dribble, A1 touches the ball and continues to dribble. RULING: Backcourt violation. A1 may not be the first to touch the ball after it has been in the frontcourt, if he/she or a teammate last touched or was touched by the ball in the frontcourt, before it went to the backcourt. (9-9-1)

The situation that we discussed many months ago was when a dribbler in the frontcourt puts a foot into the backcourt even though the dribbler isn't touching the ball at the time (Violation. Why? Because my mother said so.).

The earlier discussion dealt with the foot touching the division line, the recent interpretation deals with the ball touching the division line.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Oct 10, 2019 at 10:52am.