View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 02, 2019, 03:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
At one of the camps I went to this summer and in my 3-person fall league games, I got feedback that I was going too low in the Trail and Center positions. This often happens when I come into the position from transition and close down, or if I have already stepped down to stay connected to a play, and I close down.

What do you do to ensure the right balance between an aggressive mindset of staying connected to plays and being in a good position (between the 28' mark and the 3-point arc as Trail; within the free-throw circle as Center)? I'm trying to control my strides so I stop at the 28' mark as Trail and at the free-throw line extended as C, but there are times that I overshoot the mark. Are there any suggestions y'all have?

Thank you!
I am late to this thread, but my guess is these clinicians think you should go to a spot and stay there, which is just complete nonsense.

We still teach a "home base" for T/C officials, but we want them to go where they aren't straightlined. T on the sideline, C on the sideline -- and working low is typically better than coming over the top.

tl;dr - Get better clinicians at the HS camps.