View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 30, 2019, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Back on topic. We got into a discussion last night about pre-game F2s and contact dead-ball technicals. I stated that I don't think there's any front or back court status during intermissions or pre game, so a throw in to start the game or half or overtime would be at the division line.
This comment popped into my mind this morning while perusing the Case Book while taking the NCAA-M test. Turns out your hunch was correct.

A.R. 126. Playing time has expired with the score tied, and:
1. A1 is assessed a CLASS A technical foul;
2. A1 is assessed a flagrant 2 technical foul; or
3. A1 is assessed a contact dead-ball technical foul.
RULING 1: The extra period shall start by awarding a player from Team B two free throws for the CLASS A technical foul that was assessed to A1. Play shall resume at the point of interruption, which would be a jump ball.
2: A1 shall be ejected and the extra period shall start by awarding a player from Team B two free throws for the flagrant 2 technical foul that was assessed to A1. Play shall resume with a throw-in for Team B at the division line on either side of the court. The alternating possession arrow shall be set towards Team A’s basket when the ball is placed at the disposal of Team B for the throw-in.
3: The extra period shall start by awarding a player from Team B two free throws for the contact dead-ball technical foul that was assessed to A1. Play shall resume with a throw-in for Team B at the division line on either side of the court. The alternating-possession arrow shall be set towards Team A’s basket when the ball is placed at the disposal of Team B for the throw-in.
These fouls shall count toward the team foul count, disqualification and ejection. (Rule 5-7.6)