View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 23, 2019, 01:16pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
At one of the camps I went to this summer and in my 3-person fall league games, I got feedback that I was going too low in the Trail and Center positions. This often happens when I come into the position from transition and close down, or if I have already stepped down to stay connected to a play, and I close down.

What do you do to ensure the right balance between an aggressive mindset of staying connected to plays and being in a good position (between the 28' mark and the 3-point arc as Trail; within the free-throw circle as Center)? I'm trying to control my strides so I stop at the 28' mark as Trail and at the free-throw line extended as C, but there are times that I overshoot the mark. Are there any suggestions y'all have?

Thank you!
I bet you weren't too low in the Trail, you just had someone observing who doesn't prescribe to Trails getting underneath the play. In Trail, I'll goes as far as the FTLE to maintain my angle.

I have seen people get too low in the C, but as a hard habit, I step down in the C when I have to make a decision which way to go.