View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 11, 2019, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

2019-20 NCAA-M Change: Contact Dead Ball T's

I am getting back into college ball this year and I just want to confirm I am correct.

A single CDBTF still results in the offended team getting the ball (it is not POI). However, the throw-in spot is now determined using the lines of demarcation if it occurred in the offended team's frontcourt, and the nearest spot if it occurred in the offended team's backcourt.

-B1 deflects ball OOB in Team A's FC. CDBTF is charged to B2 in A's FC. Team A gets the ball at one of the four demarcation spots. Shot clock resets to 20 or stays if greater.

-B1 deflects ball OOB in Team A's FC. CDBTF is charged to A2 in A's FC. Team B gets the ball nearest where the CDBTF occurred.

-B1 deflects ball OOB in Team A's BC. CDBTF is charged to B2 in A's BC. Team A gets the ball nearest where the CDBTF occurred. Shot clock resets to 30.

-B1 deflects ball OOB in Team A's BC. CDBTF is charged to B2 in A's FC. Team A gets the ball at one of the four demarcation spots. Shot clock stays (wouldn't go to 20 as that would mean Team A committed a 10-second violation).

The CDBTF supersedes any live-ball events for the purposes of determining the throw-in spot and the time on the shot clock.

Am I correct in all this?