View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 13, 2019, 10:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Show Must Go On ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
That is the case whereby jersey colors are different enough. In the case of 2 teams having the same colored jerseys ... The intent of contrasting jerseys is to distinguish opponents. Without that ability, how could the game be officiated?
NFHS high school game. No rule that says it's a forfeit. As Nevadaref pointed out, the coach would simply take the technical foul for the illegal uniforms. Two FTs would be awarded.

After that, we'd figure it out.

Home team gets their reversible practice jerseys from the locker room. Maybe different color numbers on the jerseys (I've worked Catholic middle school games like this, both dark blue jerseys, one team white numbers, other team gold numbers, white versus gold). One team wears jersey inside out. Giant taped X's on jerseys of one team. Shirts versus skins. Players raise hands for fouls (like in ancient times).

Get the coaches, athletic director (site manager) together, possibly with my assignment commissioner on the phone, and we'd figure it out. Maybe it won't be perfect, but we'd figure it out enough for there to be a game that night.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 13, 2019 at 10:26am.