View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 02, 2019, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Not sure, I'm not a lawyer. There is too much money and perceived "prestige" the higher up you go for officials to press the matter and risk their careers. And there's no guarantee that a case would be successful, anyway.

I may not be qualified to give legal analysis, but I don't have to be a lawyer to know that this crap and the crap Raymond has dealt with is the antithesis of IC status. But the assigners will say "You are an independent contractor, if you don't like my terms you can leave." That doesn't really hold water. I can quit my real job if I don't like my boss or her rules, too. The difference is an employer legally has a right to tell you how to work and who you can work for.

In the case I mentioned above, the D2 supervisor had about a dozen JuCo schools and lost them to another JuCo supervisor. Obviously he was upset about this and now basically gives his D2 guys a "him or me" ultimatum.
That is simply sour grapes. The guy lost the battle. He needs to win back his schools or deal with it. Telling people that they can’t work for someone else is childish.