View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 16, 2019, 06:34pm
This IS My Social Life

OK, guys. With acrimony asserting it's acrimonious head, I'll end this thread. Which is only fitting, because I'm the one who started it. I've learned what I need to learn, and thank all for the responses which, after all, were the opinions I was searching for.

Yes, I understand the phraseology of the NFHS Officials' Manual. (As an "educated official", I couldn't find it in the rule book . . .
I know what's in the manual. I was just trying to identify where the heck I came up with the definition I have used -- with no confusion on anyone's part and with not a single person challenging my use of the term, for a long time until now. I still don't know where I learned it, only that Nevada may have learned it somewhere, too. Not sure if that puts me in good company or not.

Anyhow, instead of me, answering the question, "How do I know when I should rotate?", as I used to:

A: "When C's side becomes strong side, you better have rotated."

Now, I'll learn to say this:

A: "When the on-ball competitive matchup and the predominant number of players are on C's side..."
. . . or . . .
A: "When it's clear that you have nothing happening in your PCA and C is overloaded over there..."

More cumbersome, but I think I can do it.

Thanx for the discussion.

Close it.

Last edited by Freddy; Tue Jul 16, 2019 at 10:40pm.