View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 10, 2019, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Thank you for the responses.

In answer to the question, "When should Lead rotate?", I've been accustomed to say, "When it is apparent that Center's side has become strong side." That, by my previous working definition of strong-side ("The side of the court with the on-ball competitive matchup and player population prompting Lead to rotate") always worked so well. But now, if I change to conform to one of the different definitions mentioned above, how shall I answer that question? What simple and succinct answer would you recommend to the question, "When should Lead rotate?"
(Not a trick question. I'm truly interested in changing...)
I would say that waiting until it was "apparent..." was probably a little late. I like to go when I see that situation developing, not once it has already developed.

As for the question, to expand on sdoebler's reply...

When the rotation will put the crew in a better position...to officiate the play that is developing.

For example, when the ball is out top and the PG is moving left to right and the all-star post that the ball always goes to is also moving left to right in order to get a position on the lower box, I go with the post before the ball settles. You want to be there before the ball gets into that post play. Once the ball gets there and it is apparent, you're too late.