View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 01, 2019, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu View Post
#1 It may be your opinion the BR did not INT. "In MY judgment, BR did INT." To each his/her own interpretation.

#2 I think we now have "clarifications" on this. The out occurs once the ball status is determined despite the force, angle and spin given the ball by the bat; including reacting to wind conditions, rocks on the field, slopes on the field and anything else present.

#3 I think this is flat out incorrect.

You may be confusing this with a runner on third base who interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a batted fly ball. USA Softball & NFHS differ slightly on this one. If the ball is fair and uncaught, both have batter out along w/ interfering runner. If the ball is foul, USA Softball has both out but NFHS has only runner out and if ball is not caught, a strike on the batter (with less than 2 strikes).
OK, you don't agree and you would call INT, always a judgment.
That of course, would make #3 incorrect for you as it is based on INT after the BR is out as in my #2.

It all depends on the interpretation of the IFR and judgment of the BR-F3 action; and we disagree on both.

I am not confusing this with 2 outs on a fly ball; just R1 "closest to home" after an out by the retired BR; IF INT had been ruled and the IFR rule puts the BR out before the INT call.