View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 11, 2019, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
All of this is true with ONE and only one caveat -- In PGF, playing under NFHS rules, the following (rare) rule comes into play: NFHS 8-7-4:

Responsibilities of a batter-runner after completing a turn at bat, and while the pitcher has the ball within the 16-foot pitching circle, including a base on balls or a dropped third strike are as follows:

a) A batter-runner who rounds first base toward second base may stop, but must then immediately, without stopping, return to first or attempt to advance to second base.
b) A batter-runner who overruns first base toward right field, turns left and immediately stops, must then return non-stop to first or attempt to advance to second base.
c) A batter-runner who overruns first base toward right field, turns left and moves directly toward second base and stops is committed to second and must attempt to advance non-stop to second base.
d) A batter-runner who overruns first base toward right field, turns left and moves back toward the infield in any direction except directly toward second based is committed to first and must return to second base.
e) A batter-runner who overruns first base toward right field, and turns right, is committed to first base and must return to first base.

PENALTY: The ball is dead. "No Pitch" is declared when applicable, and the runner is out. (continues with LBR rule)

I post this, because this is the ONLY TIME, in any code to my knowledge, where it actually matters what direction the BR turns after passing 1B. The ball has to be in the circle, and following that the BR has to over-run 1B.
Hey TB, I don't know if you copy/pasted the above or you typed it in.

Can you confirm the wording I colored in RED above?

Thanx.