View Single Post
Old Tue May 28, 2019, 02:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Rule Changes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Most of my local colleagues have no interest in theoretical make believe basketball rulings. They view such as a huge waste of their time, with little, or no benefit to them, in some cases, having a negative confusing effect on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'm quite sure I've made that specific observation multiple times.
While I can easily separate theoretical rule discussions from real game rule dissuasions, I do have an Achilles heel, rule changes, not new rules, but rules that change, in a few cases, back and forth, more than once, over decades (free throw release, or the hit, jump balls caught by jumpers, swinging elbows, kicked throwins, double fouls, etc.)

I've always said it's not the rules, it's the rule changes that cause problems for me. The easiest rules for me to learn were the rules that I learned in my first year. After that, new rules were easy. Existing rules that changed, and maybe changed again, were always difficult.

Jump balls caught by jumpers? Lose the ball, lose the arrow. Not anymore.

Excessive swinging elbows? Violation? No. Technical foul? No. Violation.

Kicked alternating possession throwin? Illegal touch, but still a touch inbounds. Alternating possession throwin ends? Or does it?

Now, where are my car keys?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue May 28, 2019 at 04:41pm.