View Single Post
Old Tue May 28, 2019, 12:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post

You indicated "..have either violated by making a pass or..." How is it a violation by making a pass to one-self in this case? Case 4.44.3 Sit C indicates that it is a traveling violation to throw a ball in the air, take several steps, and catch it. However, we also know that the traveling and dribbling rules are not in effect for a throw-in (rule 4-42 note). In this strange case, then it would not be a traveling violation.They also have not made a pass because the ball has not moved from one player to another.
If you know traveling and dribble rules do not apply on a throw-in, why invoke those situations in this situation? This is why I said what I said. The only issue is if they did not throw a pass directly onto the court, which is a HTBT situation anyway and some judgment would be used if a pass was not allowed to go directly onto the court as that is a violation. I would also assume that the player never gets onto the court or they did not leave their designated spot.

Again, I get it trying to figure out the holes in the rules, but do not live there.

Peace